What is WebExTM?
WebEx is an on-demand service for online meetings, web / video conferencing, and application sharing.
What do I need in order to use WebEx?
All you need is a computer with internet access and a telephone.
How do I join a meeting?
There are several ways to join a meeting - from the email invitation, from a host's personal meetings' page, or from WebEx.com.
If you have the email invitation, follow the steps below:
- Open the email invitation.
- Write down the meeting password if the meeting requires one.
- Click on the join meeting link in the email and this will launch a web browser.
- Enter your name, email address and meeting password in the popped up browser.
- Click the "Join" button.
If you don't have the email invitation, follow the steps below:
- Contact the host to get the meeting number and meeting password.
- Go to http://www.webex.com and click the "Host Meeting" tab.
- Enter the meeting number and click "Attend" button.
- Enter your name, email address and meeting password if required, and click the "Join" button.
To join a meeting from the host's personal meetings' page:
- Get the URL of the host's personal meetings' page
- Under Status, the text "Join Now" will appear after the host has started the meeting. Click Join Now
- Otherwise, "Not started" appears.
- You may need to periodically Refresh the page until the meeting has been started.
- Once you join the meeting, instructions for joining the teleconference will automatically appear on your screen.
Need help joining a WebEx meeting?
- Make sure that you are not trying to join a private meeting
Some meeting hosts choose to set their meetings up so they cannot be joined from this universal login page. If the meeting is set to private, you must follow the directions in your email invitation. If you enter the number for a private meeting, you'll see a message indicating that the meeting is set to private.
- Join the meeting via the email invitation
- Click the link in the message to join the meeting.
- On the Meeting Information page that appears, click Join Now.
- Join via the host's Personal Meetings page if you know the URL:
- Go to the host's Personal Meetings page.
- If the meeting is listed under Meetings in Progress, click Join Now.
- If the meeting is unlisted, type the meeting number in the Meeting number box. Your host should have given you this or it would be included in your email invitation. Click Join Now.
- Download Meeting Manager for Microsoft® Windows® - Standard
Your meeting service automatically downloads, installs, and configures Meeting Manager for Windows the first time you start or join a meeting. However, some systems restrict this automated setup, so you may need to download and run the Meeting Manager Installer before starting or joining a meeting. Select this option if your organization restricts you from installing software on your computer. Download Meeting Manager
- For further assistance: